THE LOCAL GOVERNING COMMITTEE
The Local Governing Committee provides strategic leadership and accountability for the school, reporting to the Collaborative Learning Trust Board. It has three key functions:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Governors set the aims and objectives for the school and set the policies and targets for achieving those aims and objectives. They monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making and act as a source of challenge and support to the headteacher.
In action, this means:
- Appointing and performance reviewing the head teacher, including making decisions about pay
- Managing budgets and deciding how money is spent
- Engaging with pupils, staff, parents and the school community
- Sitting on panels and making decisions about things like pupil exclusions and staff disciplinary
- Addressing a range of education issues within the school including disadvantaged pupils, pupils with special needs, staff workload and teacher recruitment
- Looking at data and evidence to ask questions and have challenging conversations about the school
The Local Governing Committee buys into the local authority clerking and Governor support services in order to ensure governors are well-supported in their work.
THE STRUCTURE OF THE LOCAL GOVERNING COMMITTEE
The school’s Local Governing Committee consists of 10 governors:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 staff governor
- The head teacher
- 2 foundation governors (1 appointed by the Diocese)
- 4 co-opted governors
|Local Governor||Appointment||Appointment start date||End of Term||Role|
|John Davie||Headteacher||1 September 2014||ongoing||Headteacher|
|Helen Jones||Foundation Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Chair|
|Katherine Wyatt||Co-opted Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Health & Safety Lead|
|Aisha Mushtaq||Parent Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Vice Chair|
|Kathryn Shaw||Co-opted Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Co-opt|
|Janet Firth||Co-opted Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Foundation Governor|
|Angela Smith||Co-opted Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||SEND Lead|
|Father Derek Jones||Foundation Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Safeguarding Lead|
|Mohammed Al-Ghurbani||Parent Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Parent Governor|
|Jenny Williams||Staff Governor||1 September 2022||31 August 2026||Staff Governor|
The full Local Governing Committee meets at least once a term.‘All Saints Governing Committee reports to the Collaborative Learning Trust Board.
To find out about the Governance of the Collaborative Learning Trust, please see the Collaborative Learning Trust section of the website.
Please see the Collaborative Learning Trust Scheme of Delegation, which includes the Local Governing Committee’s Terms of Reference’.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Special Needs, Disability, Looked after children, Gifted and Talented children
- School, parish church and diocesan links
- Pupil Premium and Disadvantaged Pupils
- Schools forum, Governing Training and Development
- Behaviour and Attitudes
Governors are elected for a term of four years. If you would be interested in becoming a governor, please ask any of the governors or the headteacher for more information.